Postpartum Care Center
Postpartum care is vital to a woman’s well-being to ensure they are healing well both physically and mentally after giving birth and/or to discuss plans before growing their family again.
You play a central role in advocating the health of our members. Encourage our members to visit your office on or between 21 and 56 days after they give birth.
Here’s how else you can help:
- Encourage and provide appropriate care within designated time frames.
- Document all care in the member’s medical record.
- Submit a claim for each encounter.
- Accurately code all claims to the highest level of specificity.
- Respond to our requests for medical records in a timely manner.
Postpartum outreach bonus
We believe postpartum care is so important for our members that we’re even offering an enhanced payment to providers who help join us in our cause.
- Render the postpartum visit within 21 to 56 days after delivery.
- During the postpartum visit, fax the ONAF (PDF) to the Bright Start® department (1-866-755-9935) with all post-partum information and any additional visit dates as needed.
Join us in encouraging our members to visit your office between 21 and 56 days after each birth.