Pregnancy - Bright Start®
AmeriHealth Caritas has a special program for pregnant members called Bright Start. We want to help you have a healthy pregnancy. With the Bright Start program, we can:
- Help you sign up for childbirth and other health information classes
- Help you choose a doctor who is right for you
- Give you information on prenatal vitamins and eating right; your body needs extra vitamins, like folic acid (a B vitamin), when you are pregnant.
- Work with your provider and dentist to make sure you get the care you need; having healthy teeth and gums is very important during pregnancy.
- Give you information and resources to help you have a safe pregnancy and a healthy baby
To join Bright Start, please call 1-877-364-6797. Or, log in to the member portal and go to Enroll in a Special Program.
Also, call the Statewide Change Center at 1-877-395-8930. This is very important. They will make sure you get the benefits and services you and your baby need.
Pregnant AmeriHealth Caritas Pennsylvania members 19 years old and over can now get their Tdap shot at a participating pharmacy. All you need is a prescription from your doctor.
Women should get the Tdap shot during each pregnancy to give your baby the best protection against whooping cough. Talk with your doctor.
Keys to Your Care
Keys to Your Care is a special texting and outreach program for AmeriHealth Caritas Pennsylvania members who are pregnant, brought to you by Bright Start®, the AmeriHealth Caritas Pennsylvania maternity program.
Keys to Your Care will send you text messages every week during your pregnancy, and for the first 15 months after your baby is born.
Text BABY to 85886 to join the Keys to Your Care program.
- Gift card for joining the program.
- Choice of a portable crib, car seat, stroller, or high chair.
- Postpartum gift card.
- Up to 6 gift cards for your baby’s well-child visits through 15 months.
Don't have access to texting? Call us at 1-800-910-2959 (TTY 711) to join Keys to Your Care.
*You will receive your reward only if you are an AmeriHealth Caritas Pennsylvania member at the time of your prenatal or postpartum visits. Your child will receive their reward only if he or she is an AmeriHealth Caritas Pennsylvania member at the time of his or her well-child visit.
For more tips and information on pregnancy, view the Bright Start information booklet (PDF) or refer to these online resources:
Sometimes women feel down or sad after having a baby. This is normal. Please ask yourself these two questions:
- During the past month, have I often felt down, depressed or hopeless?
- During the past month, have I had little interest or pleasure in doing things?
If you answered "yes" to one or both of these questions, please call our Bright Start department at our toll free number, 1-877-364-6797.