If you are pregnant, here are some tips to have a healthy baby:
- Make an appointment with your OB/GYN as soon as possible if you are pregnant. Even if this is not your first pregnancy, you need to see the doctor early because all pregnancies are different.
- Keep all your appointments with your OB/GYN to keep you and your baby healthy.
- Ask your doctor about programs to help you stop smoking or using drugs.
- Ask your doctor about the best foods to eat for you and your baby.
- Take good care of your teeth and gums. See your dentist for your dental health.
- Don't forget: You need to go to the doctor after the baby is born, and the baby needs a checkup in the first month, too.
AmeriHealth Caritas allows women to arrange for care with some specialty doctors without calling your PCP first. These include:
- Routine obstetrician (OB) care
- Routine gynecological (GYN) care
- Routine mammograms, with prescription
- Routine family planning services (you do not need to go to an in-network doctor for these services)